– Mayer started 10th and patiently worked his way up through the field. He was up to sixth by lap 50.
– He pitted for four tires and fuel during a caution. With a fast pit stop, he gained two positions to restart the race. By lap 70 he was solidly in fourth place and up to third with 85 laps to go.
– A caution for rain came on lap 160 of 200 while Mayer was in third place. The ARCA officials were forced to halt the race at lap 168 as the rain continued, and eventually called the race complete.
– It was his seventh top-five finish in eight ARCA starts this season. This was his final ARCA race for the 2019 season.
– Mayer’s next event will be at Martinsville Speedway on Saturday, Oct. 26 in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
“We had to work hard for what we got tonight. We started further back than what we had wanted, but our Chevy Accessories Chevrolet was fast and I was able to pick up some spots. I hate that it rained and we couldn’t finish the race. I would have liked to have seen what we had for them at the end. I have to thank Mardy (Lindley, crew chief) and everyone at GMS and Chevrolet for helping me do double duty this weekend. We had such an awesome day at Dover yesterday, I really would have liked to have gotten back-to-back wins.”