– KBR Development and driver Carson Hocevar returned to Pensacola, Florida, for the Snowball Derby and Snowflake 100. Five Flags Speedway played host to the historic annual event.
– Snowball Derby qualifying took place Friday evening, with Hocevar turning a lap at 16.619-seconds, good for 31st fastest of 56 cars. The top 30 cars were locked in to the 300-lap Derby from qualifying, placing KBR and Hocevar the first team out and on the pole for Saturday’s last chance qualifier (LCQ).
– Hocevar ran inside the top three for much of the 50-lap LCQ, that transferred the top four finishers to the Derby. The race that was slowed a number of times for accidents throughout the 21-car field.
– Following a late race restart, Hocevar battled for position and made unintended contact with another car on the front stretch, resulting in an accident. Hocevar would be sent to the tail of the field with two laps remaining, and finished seventh.
– The Snowflake 100 took place Saturday night in front of nearly a sold-out crowd. After starting 19th, Hocevar methodically moved through the field, running 12th at halfway. On lap 54, Hocevar would receive contact from behind, sending the #14 into the inside wall, ending the night. Hocevar was scored 24th.
“This year have been pretty solid overall, and I am really thankful to everyone at KBR Development for everything they have done. I’m also very grateful for the opportunities I received this past year and am excited to see what next year holds!”