– This will be Sam Mayer’s second NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race. He made his debut at Bristol in August where he ran in the top 10 much of the race until an accident with seven laps to go took him out of contention.
– Mayer was able to test his No. 21 ManpowerGroup Chevrolet at Martinsville this summer and get a feel for the paper-clip shaped oval.
– Mayer will race chassis No. 116 at Martinsville. This Silverado was part of Justin Haley’s fleet in 2018.
– Mardy Lindley will again be Mayer’s crew chief for the truck race. The duo recently claimed the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship.
– The No. 21 Silverado will feature a pink scheme in honor of breast cancer awareness. Special pink ribbons on the truck honor those close to GMS employees that are breast cancer survivors, fighters and those no longer with us.
– Manpower U.S. will sponsor Mayer in his three NGOTS starts this season. ManpowerGroup(R), the parent company of Manpower and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., is the leading global workforce solutions company which helps organizations transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing and managing talent that enables them to succeed.
“I’m really excited for Martinsville this weekend. I feel like GMS will bring a great Silverado for me to run and all I want to do is learn, have fun and have a solid finish. I can’t thank Manpower enough for all they do with being on the truck this year, and hopefully we can get them a solid finish since they will have guests here from their Lynchburg, Va., office.”