– Carson Hocevar competed in his 10th ARCA Menards Series event of 2019 on Saturday, August 31. The race, which was held at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, was the 17th of 20 scheduled ARCA races.
– Hocevar finished practice fifth, and qualified fourth in the KBR #28 GMPartsNow.com, Scott’s Coins, Chevrolet SS. When the race went green Saturday night, Hocevar and team felt confident with the pace the car had. Unfortunately, overheating would force Carson to ride at the tail of the field off-pace after just a handle of laps were complete in the Southern Illinois 100. The #28 was scored 15th in the end, finishing 21-laps down and off-track.
– Hocevar also competed with the ARCA/CRA Super Series on Sunday afternoon in Winchester, Indiana. After missing open practice on Saturday due to the conflicting ARCA Menards Series event, Hocevar and the KBR team had a short time to dial in the #14 Precision Fleet Image, Berger Chevrolet super late model.
– Green flag at the ‘World’s Fastest Half Mile’, Winchester Speedway, flew at 2:00 p.m. on Monday afternoon. After starting deep in the field, Hocevar would bide his time through the first 45-laps until the events first caution.
– After coming to pit road to tighten the loose race car, Hocevar would pick up several spots once back green. On lap 56, a front suspension component would break on the #14, forcing Carson to pit road and ending the day. Hocevar was scored officially scored 15th.
“It was definitely a very disappointing weekend for us. We had a fast car at DuQuoin but just over heated and couldn’t get it to cool down. And we had pretty high hopes on Monday with the super late model, but that didn’t go as planned either. We’ll look for redemption there when we go back for the 400 in October. One of those weekends we are ready to move on from.”