Late Model – Berlin:
ARCA – Springfield:
– Carson Hocevar competed in the template late model Battle at Berlin 251, Saturday, August 17 at Berlin Raceway. Hocevar started 10th in the 31-car field and would ride there for the early going. A lap 55 caution brought Carson to pit road for right side tires, fuel, adjustments, and new onboard radio to try and resolve team communication issues.
– After a few pit cycles, Hocevar would drive KBR’s #14 Scott’s Chevrolet to fifth. Rain would stop the race at lap 177, delaying the event for approximately 90-minutes. In the closing stages of the race, an issue with the car forced Carson to ride things out, finishing seventh.
– Sunday, KBR Development competed in the team’s first ever race on dirt. Carson Hocevar finished ARCA Menards Series practice second, and qualified seventh for the 100-lap event at the Springfield (IL) State Fairgrounds.
– Hocevar drove KBR’s #28 GMPartsNow.com Chevrolet to third, showing a lot of speed while biding time early. Following a few cautions, Carson came to pit road to clean off the front grille, that had gotten covered in mud and forced the engine to begin pushing out water. The 28 car would lose a lap in the pit-cycle, while the team tried to cool the car down.
– Hocevar was amongst the fastest cars on the race track all afternoon, even while battling back through the field following the lap lost on pit road. A long green flag run would not give the opportunity to receive a free pass. Following a late caution, Carson made another charge to pick up a spot, finishing eighth.
“Last weekend was overall a good weekend. In the Berlin 251, we just lacked a bit of speed. We had top five speed but just couldn’t quite get our balance right to compete for lead. Our KBR team never gave up and ended up seventh. Springfield was really bittersweet, not knowing exactly how our car was going to be, considering my guys at KBR have never ran dirt before. We were second in practice, and felt really good driving to third early on, before we headed to pit lane. Unfortunately, we had a little miscue and got trapped lap down, and never was able to get a yellow for a lucky dog. We were the fastest car a lot of laps during the race and was definitely a top three car. Unfortunately, just couldn’t do anything with it. More than ever now ready for DuQuoin though.”