– Mayer started the 150-lap race from second place, but after contact with another truck on lap one NASCAR penalized him and sent him to the rear of the field. By lap 30 he was ninth and was up to fourth by the first break on lap 50.
– He was third by lap 100, which was the final break of the race and stayed out for the final 50 laps.
– Mayer was closing in on the leader with 20 laps to go and took the lead on lap 138. He pulled away to win his third race on the season and extend his championship point lead to 22 points.
– No driver has ever won back-to-back K&N East races at Bristol until Mayer today.
– His next K&N East race will be next weekend at World Wide Technology Raceway (Gateway) on Saturday, August 24.
“I have to thank everyone at GMS Racing, Chevrolet, Chevy Accessories and Drivers Edge Development for giving me the best car possible. That race was definitely an awesome one. I hope the fans enjoyed it since it was definitely fun to drive. The battle at the end was pretty fun to be a part of and I”m glad I could win at the ‘Last Great Colosseum.’ I’m here to win this championship.”