– Mayer collected his third K&N East win last week at Bristol Motor Speedway. With three wins this season, Mayer is currently leading the driver championship point standings by 22 points with three races remaining. He also leads the rookie standings by 37 points.
– Mayer will be racing chassis 407 at WWTR, which is the same Chevrolet he won with in July at Iowa Speedway and finished second with at New Hampshire the previous week.
– Mayer made his first career NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series start at Bristol last weekend. He was running eighth with seven laps to go when he was hit by another driver and finished 21st.
– Crew chief Mardy Lindley has one K&N East and two ARCA starts at WWTR with one top-five finish.
– In addition to his K&N races, Mayer has also competed in six ARCA events this season with five top-five finishes.
“Going to Gateway earlier this year in the ARCA race and last year for the K&N race gives me that extra experience other drivers might not have. I feel confident that I’m even better than I was earlier this year and Mardy (Lindley, crew chief) feels he is also better, so I believe we have a shot to win, just like in the ARCA race in June.”