– Mayer started third, but fell back to ninth when he was shuffled back on the start.
– He spent the 70-lap race working his way back up through the field. He was up to fourth by lap 39 and grabbed the third spot on lap 51.
– On the final lap of the race, Mayer battled for second with point leader Derek Kraus and got the second spot coming to the finish line.
– Mayer remains second in points, and is only two points behind first.
– His next K&N East race will be at Iowa Speedway on Friday, July 26.
“We had a solid day today. I had a really rough start and got shuffled back to mid-pack, but we came back to finish second. We had a great Chevy Accessories Chevrolet. If the race had been a little longer we might have had something for them, but we’ll move on to Iowa next week and hopefully get our second win of the season there.”