– He will be racing the same chassis (407) at Iowa that he finished second with at New Hampshire last weekend.
– Mayer is currently second in the driver championship point standings, only two points out of first place. He leads the rookie standings by 12 points.
– Crew chief Mardy Lindley has 10 K&N East starts at Iowa with two wins (2013 and 2016), four top-five, six top-10 finishes and two poles.
– Mayer claimed his first win in the NASCAR K&N East Series in April at Bristol Motor Speedway. He won the pole and led all 150 laps en route to his first series win.
– In addition to his K&N races, Mayer has also competed in six ARCA events this season with five top-five finishes.
“I learned a lot about running many lines throughout the race at Iowa from running both the K&N and ARCA races there last year. You can go right up to the wall there. Air is also really big, so track position is really important. We’re running the same car as last weekend, so I’m excited about that. It was really fast in race trim at New Hampshire.”