– Carson Hocevar will make his inaugural NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series start at Eldora Speedway, Thursday, August 1, for Jordan Anderson Racing. Hocevar will drive Chassis 003, the same truck Ryan Newman drove at Eldora in 2018.
– 16-year-old Hocevar is competing in the ARCA Menards Series “Short Track Challenge” in 2019 for KBR Development. In eight starts, the Portage, Michigan youngster has compiled four top-five finishes, seven top-tens, and captured the General Tire Pole Award at Salem Speedway on April 14. In addition, Hocevar has entered two Late Model events, including races at Berlin Raceway and Memphis Intl. Raceway.
– Hocevar, who is part of the Drivers Edge Development program in association with Chevrolet, won the 2017 Berlin Raceway Super Late Model track championship. Hocevar was also the JEGS/CRA Rookie of the Year in 2017, and is the youngest winner in JEGS/CRA Tour history.
– Hocevar will pilot the #3 Chevrolet Silverado. Team owner and primary driver Jordan Anderson most recently finished 13th at Pocono Raceway last Saturday, July 27. Crew Chief Wally Rogers joined the team two races ago, and Anderson’s performance has immediately taken a step forward. Rogers will call the shots for Hocevar on Thursday night.
– Hocevar’s truck series debut is made possible by sponsorship from GMPartsNow, Precision Fleet Image, LTi Printing, Applebee’s, and Scott’s Coins, Jewelry & Sports.
– Coverage of the Eldora Dirt Derby will be broadcast on FS1 at 9:00 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network will also broadcast live from the historic Rossburg, Ohio half-mile on radio affiliates nationwide, as well as SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Channel 90) beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET.
“I’m really excited to head to Eldora for my NASCAR Truck Series debut. Your
debut is always special, and I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity.
Everyone at Jordan Anderson Racing has been working really hard on the truck
for this week’s race on the dirt. We aren’t going into Thursday’s race with too
many expectations, but rather looking to gain experience and put together a
solid run for our #3 GMPartsNow Chevrolet Silverado.”